We collect, store, transfer and use data from users
Furnitex recognizes the importance our customers place on the privacy and security of their personal information. Our goal is to protect your personal information in every way that we interact with you, whether it’s on the telephone, in our lobby, at one of our branches, offline from, or on the Online.
We think it is important for you to be informed of the policies, procedures, and security measures we have in place to safeguard your personal and confidential information. With that in mind, we have developed this policy to help you to understand the steps we take to protect your personal information when you utilize our online services.
This institution may utilize the services of third party providers to assist us in providing online services, such as website hosting, Online banking, bill payment, Internet Service, Data connectivity, aggregation services and related value-added services. These third-party providers are referred to within this policy as “service providers”.
Information Collected offline and online
If you are just browsing through our website, we do not request any personally identifiable information, nor do we collect unique identifying information about you unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us that information, such as when you register with us offline, send a chat request, send us an email or complete an application online. If you provide us with this information, it is only used internally and in furtherance of the purpose for which it was provided.
As part of providing online financial products or services, we may obtain information about our customers and website visitors from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, emails, or other forms;
- Information you provide when you choose to customize our website;
- Information about your transactions with this Institution and our affiliates;
- Information we receive from a marketing agency; and
- Information that is generated electronically when you visit our website; and
- Information that is generated electronically when you use our Internet banking services.
- Information that you provide through the offline registration form.
- Information Log for service uses through our IP Log server and DNS Log server.
Service providers hosting our website and our Internet banking service may collect general information on our website visitors simply to help us provide banking and other financial services to you. They collect the following information on our behalf for security and statistical purposes:
- The Internet address (referral site) which brought you to our web site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The name and version of your web browser;
- The Internet service provider you used when you accessed our site;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address; and
- The pages visited on our website.
Additional information about IP addresses and cookies are provided below.
Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
An IP address is a number that is manually or automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are on the Internet. Web servers, the computers that “serve up” web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When collecting information for us, our service provider does not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable; however, this Institution and its service providers may use IP addresses to audit the use of our site. We can and will use IP addresses to identify users when necessary for security purposes.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a very small text file sent by a web server and stored on your hard drive, your computer’s memory, or in your browser so that it can be read back later. Cookies are a basic way for a server to identify the computer you happen to be using at the time. Cookies are used for many things from personalizing start up pages to facilitating online purchases. Cookies help sites recognize return visitors and they perform a very important function in secure Internet banking.
What is log?
When you visit some website or click any link, we save that log to our log server database for your protection. This is government regulation to save all IP log to ensure cybersecurity.
Use of Information Collected
- We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our customers, former customers, website visitors to anyone, except as permitted or required by law.
- In order to provide online services such as Information services, Online value-added services (VAS) and bill payment, we must disclose certain customer account information to our third-party service providers.
- We do not sell any of your personal information.
- We will not disclose any medical information that you provide to us unless you specifically authorize its disclosure.
- We may disclose aggregate customer information that we collect on our website to service providers, companies, and/or financial institutions that perform marketing and research services on our behalf and with whom we have joint marketing agreements. Our contracts require these service providers, companies and/or financial institutions to protect the confidentiality of your personal information to the same extent that we must do.
- We may disclose your identity data, browsing log and other information to the government law enforcement agency with proper verification.
We may also send you emails marketing our products and services. We will always provide you with an opportunity to opt-in or opt-out of email advertising promotions as required by law. To opt-out, you can write us to [email protected]
If you send us an email, please do not include any non-public personal or sensitive information, as email messages may not be secure and/or confidential.
External 3rd Party Links
Our website may include numerous links to other 3rd party sites. These links to external third parties are offered as a courtesy and a convenience to our customers. When you visit these sites, you will leave our website and will be redirected to another site.
We do not control linked 3rd party sites. We are not an agent for these third parties nor do we endorse or guarantee their products. We make no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy of the information contained in the linked sites. We suggest that you always verify the information obtained from linked websites before acting upon this information. Also, please be aware that the security and privacy policies on these sites may be different from our policies, so please read third party privacy and security policies closely.
While using our services and website, you may still see our logo when visiting other 3rd party sites. A technique called “Framing” allows us to display our logo and look and feel while allowing you to browse another site at the same time. It’s important to note that while you may still see our logo and frame, any information you provide to a 3rd party is not covered by our privacy or security policies.
Furnitex and its service providers have developed strict policies and procedures to safeguard your personal information. We restrict employee access to your sensitive personal information on a “need to know” basis. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. We take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee privacy responsibilities.
Our Online banking service provider, has developed a top-of-the-line security system to ensure your customer information is protected on the Internet and within the data centre environment.
Privacy of Children
Furnitex respects the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect names, emails addresses, or any other personally identifiable information from children. We do not knowingly market to children, nor do allow children under 18 to open offline or online accounts.
Our website may include linked 3rd party sites that would be of interest to children. We are not responsible for the privacy and security practices of these sites. Parents should review the privacy policies of these sites closely before allowing children to provide any personally identifiable information.
56 Pragati Sharani, Baridhara J Block,